The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 3/29/2009 10:49:00 pm

On Saturday the fellas and I headed to Haeundae beach for our first volleyball tournament of the season. We managed to stave off elimination and played well into the quarter finals when we suffered a crushing blow. The competition was a team that came ready to play (pictured), complete with uniforms and nicknames. It was fine though, daylight was burning and we had a good time hanging out at the beach with other foreigners, drinking beers and playing in the sand. This is why I came to Busan...

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i would assume sam gunn was an all-star.

mmurphy said...

he did well up front shutting down any potential spikes. he also managed to catch a couple hits in the face haha