The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 4/14/2009 11:32:00 pm

We had some great craic this past weekend when our friend Danni came to visit. You may recall me mentioning her as being a friend that we made in Boracay, you know, the woman from the infamous cider debate. Well anyways, she took a trip over from Hong Kong and spent four days with us in Busan. She arrived bright and early Friday morning and we spent most of the day catching up and showing her around Seomyeon. After work that night I caught up with her and the guys at the local Family Mart Patio. We had some sushi for dinner than went out for wild night on the town. Stops at Kino Eye and Ghetto were made before finding our way to a karaoke room. Lots of hijinks ensued that evening including Danni and James simultaneously breaking soju bottles in the lobby of a classy hotel and than us running away to find Jame's flashing a dump truck. We didn't waste much time the next morning and were quick to get out of bed and head to the beach for some volleyball and chillin. That night we caught up with the Busan DMZ soccer club and some of Frank's friends for a wild night out at Kino once again. Geoff was good to take some requests and it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves despite sufficiently emptying their wallets. The next morning I awoke in a bit of a daze but wasted no time in getting together with Adam and Ju-hee and catching a Subway over to Breeze Burn's for some break fest and more beach lounging. Danni and the girls hung around a bit longer while the guys went to the driving range to hit some golf balls. Afterward we all piled into taxi's and went to Adam's place for Easter dinner. The dinner quickly got out of hand considering that there were 13 of us and the majority were either Irish, English, soccer hooligans or some combination of the bunch. In any case that night turned out to be a lot of fun. At some point we decided it would be a good move to head down the road to a nearby park and continue the party there. This was a lot of fun since we were able to play on the jungle-gym and climb on things. There were a lot of laughs watching Mary try to climb up a pole and 6 big guys getting stuck in a slide. The next morning I took it easy before heading to work. Anthony was good to let me go early so that I could get home and send Danni on her way back to the airport. All in all it was a terrific weekend and I am really looking forward to my inevitable trip to Hong Kong to visit that wacky Irish Pikey, Danni Cullen.

Oh and for the record, craic is slang for good times NOT the drug, a mistake I have made many times before.

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

No comments: