The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 7/06/2009 11:24:00 pm

This past Sunday the great Laura Wallace left Korea. She will always be remembered for her love of socks, soju and Korea. I still remember when we first met. I was at the embassy in Toronto on the day of my interview. I was sitting in the waiting room when you and Geoff walked past me with a nod of the head and a smile. Moments later we were tossed into the same room and being the friendly person you are, a conversation soon began. Before we both knew it we were off to Korea, living in the same city and enjoying the same cultural obscurities. Granted you enjoyed some of these a little more than myself but you were always there to help me understand them. I am sure I speak for all of us when I say that you will be missed. I will especially miss our mid-week meals and the facebook conversations we had as a result of our mutual boredom at work. Eight months has gone by far to fast but I wish you all the best on your future travels. Many happy returns my friend.

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

No comments: