The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 7/06/2009 10:47:00 pm

What could be better than floating around the ocean in tubes with your buddies and enjoying the sun? Not a whole lot, that's for sure. This sort of mentality is what characterized this past weekend for most of us. You have to enjoy the low stress-high relaxation lifestyle we are fortunate to enjoy on the weekends.

This was unfortunately also Laura's last weekend in Korea so Friday night we celebrated her departure by getting some delicious so-gogi followed by batting cages, punching machines and an endless game of basketball.

The next day I tried to organize a trip out to Sajik to watch a baseball game between the Lotte Giants and the SK Waveryns. That didn't pan out so instead we just hung around Seomyeon during the day and gave our final goodbyes to Laura in front the the E-Mart, epic farewell, I know. She will definitely be missed however. Afterward I went with Alex and Rebecca to get some dinner at New York New York, a new suito western Italian style place out in Jangsan. Afterward we made our way to Seonjeong beach to check out the celebratory Fourth of July campfire. This was an awesome event. It seemed like everyone I knew was there just enjoying the beach, the fire and the atmosphere. Later on in the night as the tide moved out Sam and a few others went for a swim and stumbled across something quite fascinating. He was swimming with some sort of photo-plankton which when disturbed by swimming generates a sort of a light show, much like a firefly. So as he swam the area around his arms and legs lit up, it was truly incredible. While all this was happening I was sitting over by the bonfire getting more acquainted with some unfamiliar faces and having great time chatting with Kathryne and Rebecca. The night ended shortly there after and we all returned home for a few hours of sleep.

Sunday I was awoken by Sam telling me that I had six minutes to get out of bed and meet him for some breakfast down at the beach. I pulled on my clothes still half in a dream as I struggled with consciousness. I stumbled outside to see that the sun was shinning once again and caught up with the team in front of James' building. We went down to Haeundae for some Breeze Burns breakfast, it was fantastic to say the least. James came with us for some breakfast but since he had just gotten back from Thailand earlier that morning he didn't stick around for long. We spent the rest of the day chillin at the beach and floating in the sea. It was pretty insane to see how busy the beach was this weekend but we had a great time all the same. We played some football, some rugby, floated in tubes, went for a swim, got harassed by a helicopter (a favourite pass time of the police it seems) and had a fantastic dinner at a new sandwich joint on the opposite side of the beach. With a weekend as crammed with excitement and leisure as this one it is no wonder that I passed out as soon as I got home.

What a stellar weekend all around. Oh and Happy Canada Day!

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

No comments: