The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 9/30/2009 10:17:00 pm

Last weekend a group of us rented a van and headed up to a river valley just outside Uljin to celebrate Alex's birthday. We got a late start on Friday but managed to make it to our destination in just under four hours. We caught a few hours of sleep at a motel before packing up for the day and heading out to the river. We spent the day swimming, climbing, cliff diving, and relaxing in a place completely devoid of human existence. As the sun began to set we gathered some firewood and started a bonfire, which was incredible because it is not something that is easily accomplished down in Busan. After leaving the river we were all starving and headed into town for some dinner. After dinner we headed back to our motel and went down to the beach for some drinks and conversation. The following day the weather was absolutely miserable so we elected to pile into the van and begin our drive home. We took the slow route home in favour of stopping at scenic spots including beacon hill (as mentioned in a previous road tripping entry) and a beach. Despite the beauty of these places the cold rain made the ocean and mountains relatively unenjoyable. We arrived back in Busan at around 7 pm and got some dinner before electing to go our seperate ways. All in all it was another fantastic weekend and I hope Alex enjoyed his birthday roadtrip! Be sure to check out my photos!

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

No comments: