The Shibby

I have been hanging out in Busan, South Korea for the better part of a year. In that time I have experienced a whole lot of craziness...

Some Words of Wisdom

I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me. The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me. I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose. I've been battered, but I'll never bruise, it's not so bad. And I say way-hey-hey, it's just an ordinary day, and it's all your state of mind. At the end of the day, you've still got to say, it's all right.

-Great Big Sea

Posted By mmurphy on/at 8/23/2009 10:01:00 pm

Jill McCullough, a dear friend of mine for many years has finally landed in Korea. Her arrival marks the onset of the last leg of my time here. In nine short weeks I will be saying on-yeong-ee gas-say-yo to Korea and bonjour to Indo-China before heading back to Canada. I'm excited to say the least.

Friday night I finished up work and jetted off to the airport to greet Jill who was as excited to see me as I was to see her. We piled in a taxi and took off back towards my house. We only spent a few brief moments there before rushing out the door to meet Adam and Juhee for some beers. They had also just flown back from Canada after having an extended vacation at home. It was great to catch up with everyone after so long and a lot of fun trying to teach Jill a few tricks about Korea.

Saturday Jill and I wandered over to Alex's vacant apartment to drop off her luggage and than on to Seongjong Beach for the afternoon where we were greeted by Sam and Kathryn. We spent some time playing in the sea and chilling on the beach before heading back to Alex's to shower off and get dressed for a night on the town. We ended up in KSU and got some Chen Chen Chinese food, which is always awesome. Afterward we found our way back to Haeundae to Rock and Roll House for the communal birthday celebrations of some people I know. It seemed as though most people I knew in Korea had showed up for this event. It was a ton of fun hanging out with all these people despite me getting ripped off by the bartender for an 11,000 won drink. After hanging out here for a while a few of us headed down the street to Thursday party where we finished out the night eating Cheese fries on the patio.

Sunday I caught up with Sam, Kathryn and Jill at Breeze Burns in Haeundae. I have frequented this restaurant for the past several months and I have never had such a poor experience as yesterday. For some reason it took my eggs 1 hour to cook, and I didn't get a waffle or orange juice with my combo. For 10,000 won you expect something decent, needless to say I was severely disappointed. After this fiasco we wandered down to the beach and chilled out for the day and had a great walk around the boardwalks and parks in the area before heading back to Alex's for pizza and movies.

I sincerely hope Jill's first weekend in town has been a memorable and enjoyable one and that Alex doesn't mind the fact that we turned his home into a hotel room in his absence haha.

Slante

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

No comments: